Whether you’re setting foot on the dance floor for the first time, or have years of experience, Glenlyn Academy’s adult dance courses have classes designed for you.
Adult Dance Strand 1
Students take two classes a week in Tap and Technical Jazz.
Adult Dance Strand 2
Students take three classes a week in Ballet, Tap and Technical Jazz.
Students on Glenlyn Academy’s Adult Dance strands cover:
- An understanding of the fundamentals of jazz dance: including turns, steps and kicks
- Developing posture, co-ordination and correct placement in dance
- Improving self-confidence while developing greater balance, flexibility and strength
- Understanding the technicality of footwork and co-ordination, corner to corner work and spacing and routine combination
- A deep understanding of performance and technicality
- Build and develop tap choreography: and advancement of footwork combinations
- Ballet barre exercises and stretches: including French terminology
- Ballet footwork combinations (enchantments)
- Essential Contemporary dance combinations of steps and fundamental choreography
- Technical exercises that improve posture, such as centering and floor exercises and travelling steps
All students enrolled on to the Adult Dance courses are given the opportunity to perform in Glenlyn Academy’s two showcases every year and are entered for medals, awards and examinations with the NATD (National Association of Teachers of Dancing) and IDTA (International Dance Teachers Association).